Saturday, May 9, 2009

Skin Problem

I've just came back from the vet... after Auntie Jo's constant nagging to Uncle Alex about her suspicions and sixth sense and sensitiveness... and I'm really having a skin problem... although it's really nothing to me... just need to scratch once a while due to the uncomfortableness in me... and doc actually says I'm still so playful and happy and that's the most important part of all!!! ^_^

I am infected with the Demodex mite (Demodectic Mange in Dogs (Red Mange)). It's a virus that is passed down from my mum and is very common among JRT and Shih Tzu. The vet actually scraped out the skin from my head that looks slightly bald and tested under the microscope. He then shown it to Uncle Alex straightaway. It was really confirmed to be the mite. According to him, this will actually takes a very very long time to cure... maybe at least 3 months or may not cure at all... depends on my immune system... and we have to go back to him every 2 weeks for a jab. Uncle Alex can actually buy a spot-on too and do it at home... but it was out of stock. He straightaway said "no problem, I'll fetch her to the vet every 2 weeks" Auntie Jo and me were very touched. He loves us so much.

Anyway, the medicine will cause some side effects; drowsiness or the very worst, collapsed but he still have not seen that before... and hope I won't be the first one... I was also given some antibiotics and a medicated bath to use, and I have to bath every 3 days!!! OMG!!! I hate bathing!!! Will just hide under the cupboard from now on... heheheeee

Now thinking back, about a month ago, there was this big sister JRT with her papa... and Auntie Jo and him had a talk and found out we actually from the same place (Petmover)... he told her that both his friend's JRT and the big sister JRT had skin problems too... and his friend's JRT is also from Petmover...and told Auntie Jo to look out for it when I am about 4 to 5 months old... (see see... true true lor... I'm now 4mth plus now) and it actually took him a few months for his girl to recover from it and he said it's bcoz of the mum, breeding, etc... Auntie Jo actually got quite worried then and bought me lots of vitamins and supplements ... guess my breeding ground isn't that good after all even though it's cheaper than outside pet shops... luckily I've got Auntie Jo and Uncle Alex who will take care of me even if I'm sick... I'm so lucky!!!... if not, other people may have long time thrown me away!!!

1 comment: